Advert

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Updates on my p.i.d

Yesterday i had an appointment with my neurosurgeon, Dr. Jag, the one who did the microdiscectomy on me last July. Alhamdulillah, my p.i.d a.k.a slip disc is recovering well. I could say that the surgery went well and a success! I did not encounter any back pain like the one i had last time, no more numbness for walking long hours (especially during shopping time!) and most importantly, no pain or discomfort feeling during my post surgery. The wound healed so well (eventho' belakang haku nampak buruk la kan, bekas operate).


I'm glad that I've made a wise decision to proceed with the surgery. Eventho at 1st i dont feel like doing it, i was scared and worried, afraid that the surgery would cause further destruction to my back bone. Macam doctor tu cakap lah kan, how long do i want to live in pain? It's risky but who knows, izin Allah, things would be better.

So yesterday, after almost 4 months off my last appointment with him, we met him again and this time is for the last time, I hope. He was really happy with my condition and told me that he is certain that I'm totally fully recovered. And before we left, I told him that I'm now pregnant. At 1st, I was quite nervous to tell him the news, since last time he told me to put off weight to ensure speedy recovery. Dah tu tetiba takkan nak bitau pregnant lak kan. Huhuhu but to our surprise (hubby was there too, accompany me), he congratulate us and said nothing to worry about. The pregnancy would not cause any "extra" harm to my back. He kept reminding me to really take care of my posture and dont ever lift or carry heavy things.

My concern is on these 2 things, 1) whether i can go with normal delivery and 2) whether the big tummy would affect anything on my back. The answers really made my day. Yeah, i can give birth as normal as normal people and No, the big tummy would not give any "extra" impact on my back. He said it is natural that pregnant woman would have a back pain. In my case, it wouldnt worsen my condition.

So ladies with slip disc, you can get pregnant! You can give birth normally! Hoorayyy!

Oh, I've been receiving few messages with regards to this slip disc disease. Most of them told me that they are afraid to undergo the surgery as they dont know what to expect. And afraid that things wouldn't turn better after the surgery. Well, I maybe one of those lucky ones. But my advice is, please do seek opinions from the experts (neurosurgeon) ! Respectable ones please. I admit that i have a friend who undergone the same surgery like me, but at different hospital and different doctor of course. Unlucky her, she had to re-do the surgery for 3 times!!! Kesian okeh!! 1st , ada complication, 2nd time ada virus. I hope she is doing well now.

Apa-apa pun ikut rezeki jugak. I cannot say that you will be 100% better after the surgery kan. As for me, it works! But whatever it is, seek treatment! Kalau tak sampai mati akan sakit pinggang. Believe me! I've been thru this for almost 8 years ok, since my Uni days. And i knew someone's husband yang takmo ambik risk to go for the surgery, and now menderita sakit. Well, the choice is with you.

Yang dah tak sakit pinggang, tapi sakit sikit-sikit sebab pregnant pulak dah,
XOXO


0 || shades of life ||: